Health Equity Special Interest Group
Our investigators have two key goals:
- To determine what is known about health disparities in pediatric epilepsy and identify gaps in knowledge.
- To develop an agenda of multi-center research projects and recommendations for practice-changing interventions to work towards health equity.
- Karen Skjei, M.D. – El Paso Center for Seizures and Epilepsy
- B. Oyinkan Marquis, M.D. – Cornell
- Charuta Joshi, M.D. – UT Southwestern
- Chris Beatty, M.D. – Nationwide Children’s
- Connie Taylor, M.D.
- Courtney Wusthoff, M.D. – Stanford
- Gogi Kumar, M.D. – Children’s Dayton
- Janelle Wagner, PhD – Medical University of South Carolina
- Kavya Rao, M.D.
- Kerry Gramlin, M.D. – University of Michigan
- Nilika Singhal, M.D. – UCSF
- Rebecca Garcia Sosa, M.D. – Lurie Children’s
- Sonal Bhatia, M.D. – Medical University of South Carolina
For the past 2 years our SIG has been working hard on a scoping review of health disparities in pediatric epilepsy. We’ve reviewed more than 10,000 abstracts, scanned more than 3500 articles and have extracted data from more than 700 articles. We hope to begin writing by the end of the year.
- 2020 PERC response to the NINDS Request for Information on Health Disparities in Neurology
- 2021 American Epilepsy Society Meeting: Health Disparities and Inequities in Pediatric Epilepsy
- Health Disparities in Pediatric Epilepsy: Methods and Lessons Learned, J of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings
- 2022 Child Neurology Society Webinar: Addressing Healthcare Disparities in Pediatric Epilepsy – The Time is Now!
As neededBACK TO MEMBER PROJECTS [+]